Actisense NMEA 0183 Combiner / Multiplexer NDC-5
The five NMEA 0183 inputs can be routed to any of the two NMEA 0183 outputs providing a highly customisable network. The bi-directional serial port and Ethernet port also allow for simple configuration and diagnostics using Actisense software.
The configuration tool is accessible via any popular web browser (using the Ethernet port) so there are no PC operating system compatibility issues to contend with. Using the web based configuration tool will allow the user to finely tune the exact data available on each output. The default setup is for all data to go to all outputs.
Industry leading isolation is provided on all inputs and outputs as standard, so that connected devices safely avoid hazardous ground loops, the number one cause of product failure in NMEA 0183 networks. This makes the NDC-5 robust enough to handle any NMEA 0183 installation.
Pluggable connectors allow new devices to be easily installed without the need to remove the NDC-5 from its mounted location. A professional DIN rail mounting mechanism keeps the NDC-5 secure in high vibration environments. Helpful LEDs indicate power, data in, and status conditions to aid diagnostics.
- Ethernet port – for configuration and diagnostics (sharing NMEA 0183 data will be available in a future update)
- 6 OPTO-Isolated NMEA 0183 inputs (including the serial port)
- 3 ISO-Drive NMEA 0183 outputs (including serial port)
- Advanced Data Filtering/Routing
- Configurable Input and output baud rates
- Autoswitch mode available to offer system redundancy
- Safe connection to USB with the ‘USBKIT-REG’ while powered via battery (not available with NDC-4)
- Serial port – for configuration, diagnostics or as an additional NMEA 0183 input/output.
- Free firmware updates make the device future-proof
- Power LED to indicate operational state
- Rx LED to indicate data on inputs
- Status LED (bi-colour) to indicate output Data Overload or a range of other states
- DIN rail or Panel mountable
- Pluggable screw terminal connectors for quick and easy installation
|Input Supply Voltage||9 to 35V DC|
|Input Supply Current||110mA max @ 12V DC (all outputs @ full drive into 100 ohm loads)|
|Number of Listener / Input Ports||5 isolated NMEA 0183 Listeners|
|Number of Talker / Output Ports||2 isolated NMEA 0183 Talkers|
|Compatibility||Fully NMEA 0183, RS422 & RS232 compatible. RS485 Listener compatible|
|Electrical Isolation||2500V input to ground 1500V output to ground using ISO-Drive|
|EMC||IEC 60945 (sections 9 & 10)|
|Environmental||Operating Temperature: -15 to +55 degrees Celsius
Storage Temperature: -40 to +85 degrees Celsius
Protection Class: IP66
|Dimensions (mm)||127mm (L) x 106mm (W) x 48mm (H)|
|Weight (g)||230g incl. screw terminals and RJ45 cap|
Warranty period: 1 year from date of purchase
Terms and conditions apply
We Also Recommend
Cobham SAILOR 3965 UHF Fire Fighter ATEX IIB Intrinsically Safe Portable Radio with Emergency Battery and Rechargeable Battery Pack
Cobham SAILOR SP3520 VHF GMDSS Portable Radio with Emergency Battery and Rechargeable Battery Pack
Cobham SAILOR SP3540 VHF GMDSS ATEX IIC Portable Radio with Emergency Battery and Rechargeable Battery Pack