Actisense Professional NMEA 0183 Buffer PRO-BUF-1
Adaptable NMEA 0183 Buffer with a variety of operating modes. Provides two OPTO-isolated inputs and twelve ISO-Drive outputs, keeping devices safe from hazardous ground loops.
PRO-BUF-1 is reliable, robust and provides isolation on all inputs and outputs as standard. With two NMEA 0183 inputs, twelve NMEA 0183 outputs, a bi-directional serial port and an Ethernet port, the PRO-BUF-1 is a perfect solution for larger leisure vessels and commercial shipping.
The PRO-BUF-1 is designed to suit the majority of NMEA 0183 systems and ready to go ‘out of the box’ by simply hard-wiring the two mode inputs as required. The manually configurable basic modes of operation include variations of buffer modes, autoswitch modes, and combine modes.
For all other configurations, leaving the mode inputs floating selects the ‘User Configuration Mode’. The web browser based configuration tool allows full customisation of the PRO-BUF-1, and is compatible across all popular Operating Systems. The PRO-BUF-1 supports a direct Ethernet connection to a PC without the need for a specialised Ethernet crossover cable.
To make installation quick and simple, the PRO-BUF-1 BAS-R features 2-part pluggable connectors that allow use of screw terminals, and a professional DIN rail mounting mechanism (DIN rail included).
Helpful LEDs indicate power, data in, data out and the alarm status to aid diagnostics.
- All inputs, outputs and battery supply electrically isolated to create networks completely safe from ground loops
- 1 x Ethernet port
- 1 x Alarm output (N/O and N/C contacts)
- Pre-defined modes of operation for quick setup
- ‘User Configuration Mode’ provides a customised
- Diagnostic LEDs (power, data in/out & alarm)
- Designed for 12 and 24 Volt supply
- Pluggable connector system supports both screw and screwless terminals
- Browser based configuration tool means the PRO-BUF-1 can be configured from any operating system
- Automatic baud rate matching on inputs for plug and play operation
- Independently configurable outputs supporting different baud rates from a single device
- ‘Future proof’ easily upgraded firmware
|Input Supply Voltage||10 to 35V DC|
|Input Supply Current||325mA max @ 12V DC (all outputs @ full drive into 100 ohm loads)|
|Number of Listener / Input Ports||2 isolated NMEA 0183 Listeners|
|Number of Talker / Output Ports||12 isolated NMEA 0183 Talkers|
|Compatibility||Fully NMEA 0183, RS422 & RS232 compatible. RS485 Listener compatible|
|Electrical Isolation||2500V input to ground, 1500V output to ground using ISO-Drive|
|EMC||IEC 60945 (sections 9 & 10)|
|Environmental||Operating Temperature: -20 to +70 degrees Celsius
Storage Temperature: -40 to +85 degrees Celsius
Protection Class: IP44
Warranty period: 1 year from date of purchase
Terms and conditions apply
We Also Recommend
Hatteland Desktop Backlit US Layout Keyboard with 38mm Ergonomical trackerball & USB
Hatteland Panel Mount Backlit US Layout Keyboard with 38mm Ergonomical Trackerball & USB
Hatteland Desktop Backlit US Layout Keyboard with 25mm Trackerball & USB
Hatteland Panel Mount Backlit US Layout Keyboard with 25mm Trackerball & USB